Fold 3 (Formerly Footnote.com) Always Free Databases
Fold3 has digitized millions of original documents never seen on the web before and lets you interactively share your discoveries with the world.
Fold 3 (Formerly Footnote.com) FREE Trial
What's Free on Fold3
Record images from the U.S. National Archives, Allen County Genealogy Library and others
Interactive Vietnam Memorial Wall
The names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial are searchable by 54 categories and each name is linked to the personís service records and casualty report.
Thousands of photos of the engraved names have been fused together to create the digital image of the wall which locates each veteranís name and shows where the name is located on the memorial in Washington. From there, information on that person is displayed and any visitor to the Web site can upload photos of veterans and leave comments and stories free of charge.
War of 1812 Pension Files
The first applications were based on disability or death of a soldier. Beginning in 1871, they were based on service. A veteran's pension file typically includes his rank, place of residence, age or date of birth, and time of service. A widow's application usually includes her place of residence, her maiden name, date and place of marriage, circumstances of her husband's death, and the names of children under 16.
South Carolina Estate Inventories and Bills of Sale
This collection includes a diverse and valuable mix of 18th- and 19th-century South Carolina court records including estate inventories, appraisements books, bills of sale, and related court documents. Inventoried items may include household goods, furniture, plantation and farming implements, livestock, and slaves.
The Pennsylvania Archives were originally published as a 10 series of historical records in 135 volumes, covering the initial colonial settlement through the Civil War. The series contains military, tax, marriage, and land records, as well as documents from American history covering the Revolutionary War and the Whiskey Rebellion. Pennsylvania researchers will be glad to have these archives online and searchable. The Archives include"
- Early Pennsylvania settlements, from 1664 to 1780.
- The Revolutionary War (1775Ė1789).
- The Whiskey Rebellion (1794).
- The War with Mexico, 1846-1847
- More Pennsylvania history through 1880.
A new way to help you collect and share everything you know about someone or something. Users connect and share stories, photos, and information about the people that mean the most to them. These include:
- Pictures & Documents - Make a rich page with minimal effort.
- Maps - Instantly see where events take place.
- Relationships - Identify related pages or web links.
- Control - Edit a page by yourself or with everyone.
- Timeline - See events with perspective.
- Facts - Easily gather (or organize) lots of details.
- Stories - Tell what you know and include images.
- Comment - Offer ideas, encouragement or suggestions.
More Fold3 Free Databases
Fold 3 (Formerly Footnote.com) Always Free Databases
- Lincoln Assassination Papers
- Papers of the Continental Congress
- Misc. Papers of the Continental Congress
- George Washington Correspondence
- American Milestones
- Constitutional Convention Records
- NH Town Records - Hancock
- NH Town Records - Goffstown
- Japanese Air Targets Analyses (WWII)
- Gorrellís History of AEF Air Service (WWI)
- Hesse Crown Jewels Court Martial Case - a $2.5 million heist by American officers in 1945
- Naval Press Clippings
- Brady Civil War Photographs
- WWII - Japanese Photographs
- Fine Arts Commission Photographs
- Harry S Truman Photographs
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Photographs
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Photographs
- Calvin Coolidge Photographs
- George A. Custerís Court Martial
- Foreign Letters of the Continental Congress
- Ratified Amendments to the US Constitution
- Amistad Court Records
- American Colonization Society
- VA Town Records - City of South Boston
- Domestic Letters of Department of State
| Free at Ancestry.com
It's Easy to Get Started!
Build your family tree
online for FREE! Ancestry.com will use what you enter to find more about your family's ancestors.
The largest collection of historic records and family trees.
All Access Ancestry.com 14 day free trial. You'll be amazed what you can find!
Free Ancestry Databases
Free Ancestry.com databases listed by location and popularity.
| Site Features
Genealogy Records Search
Search for your ancestors by record type.
Search by Location
Search for your ancestors by country.
Free genealogy resources: charts, lessons, software, databases, look ups, relationship charts, form letters, translation services.
Genealogy Database Free Trials
Free trial to Ancestry.com. Why pay when you can view for free?
Ancestry.com Coupons & Deals
Special offers, coupons, coupon codes, discounts, sales & deals
Family Tree Maker 2012 list of improvements
| Search Help
Find your family in the online databases of digitized original world-wide records.
Learn the unique features of each Social Security Death Index and specific search techniques to use for each.
Search the oldest free genealogy website of transcriptions.
US Phone Book
Find people in the US white pages and reverse directory.
Free People Finder
Step by step guide to help find long lost relatives.