Ancestor Search ...Find your Ancestors

Land Records Search

Search for your ancestors using this interactive directory of the best free genealogy search engines. Search top world-wide & specialized genealogy databases from one genealogy search site! The Ancestor Search site also has unique custom genealogy search engines found no where else.

Discover your family's story.

Enter a grandparent's name to get started.

Start Now

Genealogy Land Records Search

     New to Genealogy?    Get Started Here

RootsWeb Land Records
User-submitted land records for Alabama, California, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, and Ohio <



First Name: (optional)

State (optional):

US Bureau of Land Management

General Land Office Records
Initial transfer of land titles from the Federal government to individuals

Surname: (required)  First Name:
State: (required)

Land patents document the transfer of land ownership from the federal government to individuals. Land patent records generally include the information recorded when ownership was transferred.

Public land means any lands whose title is owned by the Federal Government. The Secretary of the Interior through the Bureau of Land Management or BLM administers those lands within the several states.

Public Land states created out of the public domain are the lands now in the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Start Your Family Tree.

Enter your name to discover your family's story.

Start Now

Free at

      It's Easy to Get Started!

  •   Build your family tree online for FREE! will use what you enter to find more about your family's ancestors.

  •   Free Ancestry Databases
    Free databases listed by location and popularity.

  • Site Features

  •   Genealogy Records Search
    Search for your ancestors by record type.

  •   Search by Location
    Search for your ancestors by country.

  •   Free Genealogy
    Free genealogy resources: charts, lessons, software, databases, look ups, relationship charts, form letters, translation services.

  • Coupons & Deals
    Special offers, coupons, coupon codes, discounts, sales & deals

  •   FTM 2014
    Family Tree Maker 2014 list of improvements

  •   Mormon Genealogy
    Find your family in the free online databases of digitized original world-wide records.

  • Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Site Map
    © 1997 - 2013  SearchforAncestors.Com   All rights reserved.