GRAMLY, FRANCIS, was a native of Northampton County, and came to Brush valley either in 1795 or 1796, a year later than his brother-in-law, Christopher Spangler. He bought the tract now owned by Snook and Geiswait, better known as the Philip Gramly farm. The stone house on the place was erected by him in 1804.
The saw-mill - the ruins of which are still visible - was built prior to 1803. Besides the above-mentioned place, Mr. Gramly owned the farms now belonging to Reuben Gramly, Joseph Gramly, Jefferson Royer, John Shultz (Christopher Gramly farm), and William Walker.
Francis Gramly was married to a sister of Christopher Spangler, Barbara; they came from the same place originally. Mr. Gramly died about the year 1833, and lies buried in the Lutheran and Reformed cemetery, Rebersburg. There is no tombstone to mark the grave.
Children, - Adam George, born April 5, 1777; Anna Maria, born Nov. 25, 1778, married to John Walker; Christian, born Aug. 22, 1781; John, born Dec. 22, 1783; Jacob, born Dec. 31, 1785; Daniel, born Aug. 19, 1788; Susannah, born Oct. 24, 1790, married to William Krape, Nittany valley; George, born Aug. 16, 1792; Francis, born July 3, 1795; and Philip, born April 11, 1798. The children are all dead.
Of grand-and great-grandchildren there is a host who are scattered through Brush, Sugar, and Nittany valleys and States of the West.
Source: History of Centre and Clinton Counties, Pennsylvania; John Blair Linn; Philadelphia; Louis H. Everts; 1883.